Frosted Cupcakes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 115g/4oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 115g/4oz butter, softened
- 115g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp milk
- few drops red food colouring
For The Topping
- 1 egg white
- 175g/6oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp hot watter
- large pinch of cream of tartar
- raspberry jam
- desiccated coconut
How to make Frosted Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Sift flour & baking powder into a bowl
- Add butter, sugar & eggs, & beat together until smooth (use electric whisk for best results)
- Add milk & food colouring, & whisk into mixture until evenly blened
- Spoon mixture into paper cases on a bun tray
- Bake for 20 minutes then leave to cool.
- Put egg white, sugar, water & cream of tartar into heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Use electric whisk to beat for 5/6 minutes until mixture is thick & peaks when whisk is lifted.
- Spread jam over each cupcake
- Twirl over frosting
- Sprinkle with coconut.