Fish and Ginger Congee Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
IngredientsFor 4 small bowls:
- 200g rice, uncooked, washed rice
- 2 litres water
- 200g white fish, chopped
- 2 small spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Handful of coriander, roughly torn.
- Some salt and pepper
How to make Fish and Ginger Congee
- If you can, leave the rice to soak in the water overnight.
- When ready to cook, gently bring the rice to the boil.
- Turn down the rice, mix in the soy sauce and giner, and leave to simmer for 1-1.5 hours until it thickens, strring occasionally. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile poach the fish in slightly salted water.
- In the last 10 minutes, mix in the fish and spring onion into the rice.
- When serving, stir in some fresh coriander.