Mini Mango Tarts Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- 375g sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 mango, chopped (about 200g)
- 200ml coconut milk
- 75ml double cream
- 50ml orange juice
- 50g sugar
- 2 eggs
- Bit of cornflour
How to make Mini Mango Tarts
- Roll out the pastry and stamp out 12 rounds (about 4" diameter). Fill a muffin tray with paper liners and carefully push the rounds into each one.
- Cover with foil and chill for 30 minutes.
- Prick the base and push down the foil to sit baking beads in each cup. Bake blind for 10-15 minutes until it's nearly golden.
- Meanwhile, gently cook the mango in the orange juice and a couple of tablespoons of sugar til soft. Drain but retain the juice.
- Beat the eggs with the rest of the sugar and set aside.
- Mix a bit of the coconut milk with the cornflour. Bring the rest of coconut milk to the boil then simmer, adding in the cornflour mix to thicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Pour in the egg mixture and reserved mango juice.
- Spoon the mango pieces into the base of each pastry and ladle the mango egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 35-40 minutes until it's springy to touch.