Teriyaki Turkey Pie with Sesame Mash Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
IngredientsFor an 8" pie dish (serves 3-4):
200g turkey thigh, diced
150g aubergine, diced
75g mushrooms, chopped
50g courgettes, diced
2 spring onions, chopped
4 tbsp sake
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp grated ginger
700g potato, chopped
2 tbsp milk
1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp sesame oil
How to make Teriyaki Turkey Pie with Sesame Mash
1) Mix the sake, soy sauce, mirin, honey and ginger in a bowl. Add the diced turkey and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, bring the diced potato to boil in lightly salted water. Simmer for about 15 minutes until just cooked, then drain and keep warm.
3) Fry the turkey to brown in a pan, reserving half the marinade for later.
4) Add the vegetables, tossing well. Pour in the reserved marinade, simmering for a few more minutes. Take off the heat and tip into your pie dish.
5) Mix the milk and sesame oil into the pan of potato and mash well.
6) Spoon the mash atop your pie filling, and scatter over the sesame seeds.
7) Bake at 190 degrees C for about 25 minutes until the potato looks nice and crispy.