Hoddeok (Sweet Stuffed Korean Pancake) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsIn order of usage:
- 1/2 teaspoon of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 5 tablespoons of warm water
- 1 1/2 Cup of Flour
- 2 small pinches of salt
- About 8 tablespoons of milk, or desired amount till moist. (You can use soymilk or water if desired)
- Brown sugar (desired amount, I used about 8 heaping tablespoons)
- Almonds (or any nut you want, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts... etctera. My boyfriend is allergic to nuts so I use almonds.)
- Rice crisps (optional)
- CINNAMON POWDER (important!)
How to make Hoddeok (Sweet Stuffed Korean Pancake)
Hoddeok... so delicious, great for breakfast or a snack! It's pretty much stuffing a dumpling then flattening it on the pan. Once you get the hang of it, it is really easy to make! I promise you will like it, or someone else will. :)
- In bowl 1, add the ingredients together and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- In bowl 2, combine all the ingredients and then add the yeast bowl in this bowl. Mix everything together till the dough forms. If it needs more moisture, add a bit more milk or water if desired.
- Let it ferment/rise for 30 minutes to an hour or more.
- When done fermenting, take pieces of dough and flatten it with your hand, or if you want, put flour on the countertop, roll it and then cut it out in circles. (BIG ONES, though.)
- Now that you have a dough circle, taking a spoonful of filling from bowl 3, put it in the centre then stuff it as you will a dumpling. (Take all sides, and pinch it all in the top.) After you do that, cover and roll it into a ball to smooth out the outside so the filling doesn't come outside. IMPORTANT!
- After doing so, heat the pan and put some oil on it.
- Put the dough balls on the pan, and flatten it with your spatula as much as you can. It should be flattened, but the filling shouldn't be squished out.
- Once other side is golden browned, flip it and do the same.
- Put the pancakes on a papertoweled plate.
- Eat, and enjoy the brown sugary gooey goodness.