The Uniquely Aubergine with Egg & Dried Shrimps Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 aubergine (sliced into 1 inch thick)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp (soaked & drained)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp shaoxing wine
- 2-3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 lime or 1/4 lemon
- 1 hard-boiled egg (shelled & diced)
- 2 stalks of spring onion (minced)
- 1 red chilli (minced)
How to make The Uniquely Aubergine with Egg & Dried Shrimps
Came across this on a recipe book but I couldn’t remember or jot down it's recipe. So I decided to try & make my own version. I do not know how the original taste like but mine not too bad, I quite like it…it's appetizing!
- Steam aubergine for 15-20mins or until softened.
- Peel the skin away when cool down & arrange on a serving dish.
- Sprinkle the spring onions, chillies & egg before squeezing the lime/lemon juice evenly on top.
- Heat oil in a small frying pan, add shrimps & garlic. Fry until golden. Pour on top.
- Add shaoxing wine & light soy sauce to the dish before serving.