Creamy Egg-drop Corn Soup Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 1 egg
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can cream style corn (important that it's the creamy kind!)
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen veggies (I used the kind with carrots, green beans, peas, and corn)
- salt to taste
How to make Creamy Egg-drop Corn Soup
I wanted to make something for my cold and what's better for a cold than some hot soup to warm me up? This creamy egg-drop corn soup is a regular in Chinese households. I grew up drinking this stuff. We actually refer to it as just "Corn Soup" in Chinese, but it's not that simple....or is it?! What makes this corn soup special is that it uses cream corn and egg. The egg makes it almost like an egg drop soup and the cream corn makes the consistency savory. mmmmm. Takes less than 5 mins to make guys. WINNER!1. Bring chicken broth and cream corn to a boil in a pot. Stir to combine.
2. While waiting for the broth and corn to boil, whisk the egg with a pinch of salt and set a side.
3. Put the frozen veggies into the broth mixture anytime.
4. Right after the broth comes to a boil, take it off from the heat.
5. Pour in the whisked egg in a slow circular motion (think of a swirl) and pop a lid on it. (Do not stir! You don't want small, crumbly pieces of egg)
6. Wait about 60 secs and stir lightly with a ladle.
7. Viola! Enjoy. (^V^)