Omuraisu manwich style Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 1/2 cup day old rice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- any cooking oil
- 1/4 cup mexican style smart ground (or any ground meat with mexican seasoning)
- ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beated with salt and pepper
- 2 tbs manwich (sloppy joe sauce)
- ketchup (optional)
How to make Omuraisu manwich style
- Heat pan with a little bit of olive oil on medium high heat and fry ground meat.
- Add day old rice and stir fry a little.
- Add a touch of sesame oil and a sprinkle of garlic powder and fry some more.
- Add manwich sauce. The rice shouldn't be completely drenched by just coated with sauce. Stir fry just enough for sauce to warm up.
- Plate the rice in a horizontal dome shape.
- Add a little oil to the pan and pour in the eggs. Use a pair of chopsticks and swirl the eggs in a fast circular motion. Bunch the egg to one side of pan.
- Cook till the bottom of egg is mostly cooked and top is a little bit gooey.
- Place egg on top of rice with gooey side touching the rice. The heat of rice will finish cooking the egg.
- Squeeze ketchup in a zigzag design over egg.