Roasted Red Pepper Black Bean Hummus Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp Tahini
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 can black beans
- 1 piece of roasted red pepper from jar
- chopped fresh parsley
How to make Roasted Red Pepper Black Bean Hummus
All you need is a food processor for this recipe. I wanted hummus and didn't have garbanzo beans (chickpeas, whatever you wanna call it), so I used my can of black beans that's been sitting in my cabinet for ages. Came out fantastic.....I think I might like black beans better!
- Mince the clove of garlic in your food processor.
- Put all the wet ingredients (tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice) in the food processor before adding the can of beans (the wet ingredients allow the food processor to get the ingredients going). Chop/grind until smooth.
- Chop the roasted pepper into little chunks and throw it in the food processor. Process until smooth and well-incorporated.
- Spoon onto plate and sprinkle chopped parsley on top. Serve with warm pita or tortilla. Enjoy!