Pulot Hitam Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Black Glutinous Rice (about 1.5 cups)
- Gular Melaka (Brown sugar in big cubes) (about 1/2 cup)
- Hot Water (1 cup)
How to make Pulot Hitam
- Rinse rice
- Soak rice in water, preferably overnight. Minimum 3 hours.
- Boil rice (together with water, which may have blackened, but that's normal) on LOW heat.
- Boil for 3-4 hours, until rice buds open up. (You have to peer carefully at the rice to check)
- You may have to add hot water periodically to keep it from drying up.
- Add the brown sugar when rice buds OPEN, stirring constantly, until it melts into rice.
- Serve hot with either some coconut milk, or my recommendation is Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream.