Shiso Mentaiko Udon Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- Fresh shiso or mint/basil mix
- Half & Half or milk
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Dried seaweed (optional)
- Fresh cracked pepper (optional)
How to make Shiso Mentaiko Udon
- Boil a pot of water and add in the udon. Cook until the noodles are al dente. Then pour the udon noodles into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Heat up a pan and then pour a cup of half & half into the pan. When the half & half is starting to boil, add in a spoonful of mentaiko.
- Add the udon to the mentaiko sauce and stir.
- Dish up the noodles and then add another spoonful of mentaiko on top of the noodles. Add the shiso leaves on top. You may also sprinkle dried seaweed and sesame seeds and a dash of cracked pepper. & Voila!