Basil and Cherry Tomato Angel Hair Pasta Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (if you don’t like it spicy, use regular red pepper flakes)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in halves (to make the dish more interesting, use one pint of red, one pint of yellow tomatoes)
- 5 large basil leaves (or more to taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
How to make Basil and Cherry Tomato Angel Hair Pasta
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Peel and gently press the garlic. Add garlic and pepper flakes to the skillet.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and tear the basil into small pieces. Add the cherry tomatoes and basil. Simmer for five minutes. Season with salt. Discard the garlic cloves.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with the sauce. Garnish with freshly-grated Pecorino Romano.