Anpan - japanese bun with anko Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 300 g all purpose flour
- 10 g of yeast
- 4 of sugar
- 1/2 egg
- 200 ml of milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 45g butter
- 300g an, precooked and seasoned
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
How to make Anpan - japanese bun with anko
- Use 1/2 cup of milk to dissolve yeast, mix with 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Put it in warm place till it doubles.
- Sift flour into big bowl, add remaining milk, salt and pour in yeast mixture. Knead couple of minutes.
- Add the butter a little at a time, folding over to create layers. Knead couple of minutes more.
- Let rest in warm place for 50-60 minutes, till dough rise.
- Turn out onto a floured board, knead, form a cylinder and cut it into 14 pcs.
- Roll out each piece of dough and add 1 tablespoon of an in the center then gather the sides and pinching all sides to the middle. When all is sealed, roll gently between your palms to make it round and put the sealed side onto your baking sheet.
- Repeat until all dough and an is used up.
- Leave under a towel for another 40 minutes.
- Coat each anpan with an egg wash and sprinkle each anpan with sesame seeds in the middle.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C and bake about 10 minutes, till golden brown.