Carrot puff pastry cones Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- package of puff pastry 250 grams
- egg, whisked
- black sesame, for garnish
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 150 grams of feta cheese
- 1/2 of grapefruit, juice only
- pinch of grated grapefruit zest
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of saffron
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
How to make Carrot puff pastry cones
- heat frying pan add sugar and 2 tablespoons of grapefruit juice, wait till it caramelize, add cumin, paprika, ginger, cayenne, saffron, grapefruit zest and remaining grapefruit juice, mix well heat 1 minute, add grated carrot.
- Mash feta with fork and add it to carrot, mix well, season with ground pepper and olive oil.
- Roll out puff pastry, divide into pieces, place 1 tablespoon of filling on each and fold it into triangle.
- It yields about 20 pcs.
- Place triangles on baking tray lined with baking paper. Smear with egg and sprinkle with black sesame.
- Bake in preheated oven in 200 C degrees for about 10-12 minutes till golden brown.