Chinese Pot Stickers Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2,5 cups of wheat flour
- 1 cup of water
- 350 grams of ground pork
- 3 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dried shrimp, soaked and minced
- 1,5 tablespoons shrimp water
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 300 grams of Nappa cabbage, sliced
How to make Chinese Pot Stickers
- Sift flour, add warm water and mix dough well, till it's uniformed and elastic.
- Let it rest 15 minutes.
- Soak dried shrimps in warm water about 20 minutes.
- Mix ground pork with soy sauce, dried shrimps, Nappa cabbage, egg, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and shrimp water.
Cut or pull off walnut-size balls and roll each one out to the size of a 3-inch circle.
The edges of the dough should be thinner than the middle. Fill each round with approximately 1 teaspoon of meat filling. Pinch together in the shape of a half moon.
Heat oil in a skillet and put the pot stickers with the seam side up. Sauté over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not allow them to burn. Add 1/2 cup water, cover, and steam for 15 minutes.
Serve immediately with vinegar, chili oil, soy sauce and cilantro.