Cod in coconut Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 600 grams of cod fillet, cut into servings
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1,5 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoons of dried crushed chili
- pinch of ground coriander
- 1/2 cup of dry shredded coconut
- 1 fresh red chili, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
How to make Cod in coconut
- Place fish in a flat dish. Stir marinade ingredients together and pour over fish. Marinate about 30 minutes.
- Place shredded coconut in a dry frying pan over
medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until coconut turns light
golden-brown. Reserve 1/4 of coconut for garnish.
- Add all other 'Topping' ingredients to the bowl of toasted coconut. Gently toss to mix everything together. Set aside.
- Heat a wok, add oil and place fish in pan. Fry 1-3 minutes per side,
depending on thickness.
- Place fried fillets on individual plates. Top
with a layer of the coconut-chili-lime mixture, then add another layer of
the reserved toasted coconut.