Fish nabe Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 4 cups of water
- 2 pcs of dried kombu
- 1/2 cup of dried bonito
- 4 tablespoons of sake
- 2 tablesppons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- 6-8 small fishes, I used autumn season Japanese fish
- 2 pcs of fried tofu, cut into pcs
- 1/2 of grilled tofu, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/8 of napa cabbage, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 carrot sliced
- 6 pcs of shungiku, edible chrysanthemum
- 1/2 package of enoki mushrooms
- 1 negi, Japanese leek, sliced
- 1 package of mochi
- 1 package of shirataki noodles
How to make Fish nabe
- Pour water into nabe pot, add dried kombu and bonito. Bring to boil.
- Prepare all ingredients and gas stove to cook on the table.
- Remove bonito from the pot and start cooking, add fish, tofu and shirataki noodles at the beginning to give them a bit more time to be cooked and absorb flavours.
- Cook and eat like fondue.
- You may want to use extra sauce for dipping cooked pieces. Ponzu sauce works well or just soy sauce.