Grilled chicken thighs with sweet vinegar Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 large chicken thighs, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry
- 1/2 teaspoon of potato starch
- 1 cinnamon stick, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of dried lemon grass
- 4 star anise, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- pinch of ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of tamarind paste mixes with 2 tablespoons of water
- 200 ml of Chinese dark sweetened vinegar
How to make Grilled chicken thighs with sweet vinegar
- Sprinkle chicken thighs pieces with curry and potato starch. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Grill chicken thighs till golden brown.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry cinnamon stick, dried lemon grass, star anise, cardamom, grated ginger, minced garlic and chopped onion.
- Add chinese dark sweetened vinegar, honey and dissolved tamarind paste, mix well.
- Bring sauce to boil and add grilled chicken thighs.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve with spring onion.