Japanese rice with chestnut Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 cup of Japanese rice
- 1 cup of chestnut, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel, grated
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of red sake
How to make Japanese rice with chestnut
- Peel chestnuts and soak them in water for 30min.
- Soak 1 cup of rice for 30 minutes, drain before cooking.
- Halve chestnuts.
- Place rice in a pot, add chestnuts and 1 cup of water. Once water starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer slowly. Add soy sauce and red sake.
- Serve sprinkled with lemon peel.