Kuromame (黒豆) Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 package of Hokkaido black soy beans, 300 grams
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 300 grams of sugar
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 700 ml of water
How to make Kuromame (黒豆)
- Wash beans. Soak them overnight in water with baking soda.
- Next day drain black soy beans, keep soaking water and if necessary add more water to get 700 ml, boil it, add sugar and soy sauce, add black beans. Simmer it on low heat about 12 hours, once per hour stir gently and add water if necessary. If there is foam remove it.
- Once they are ready you can store them in jar in fridge and use to make Japanese sweets or eat as a snack.