Miso braised daikon radish Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 daikon radish, peeled and sliced into 2 cm thick slices, each slice cut crosswise
- 1 tablespoon of Japanese rice
- 4 tablespoons of red miso
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- 4 tablespoons of water
How to make Miso braised daikon radish
- Cook daikon with rice about 20 minutes till tender.
- Drain daikon.
- Mix miso with sugar, mirin and water. Pour into sauce pan and simmer to thicken.
- Pour miso glaze over daikon slices.
- Serve as side dish.