Pickled turnips - chrysanthemum like Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 turnips
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- for garnish: lemon or yuzu peel, dried chili pepper
How to make Pickled turnips - chrysanthemum like
- Peel turnips, slice thinly without cutting through turnip, leaving 5 mm at the bottom, it's easier if you use chopsticks, place turnip between chopsticks, it will prevent from slicing through turnip, rotate turnip 180 degrees and repeat slicing.
- Dissolve salt in water, place turnips inside, let it sit in for about 2 hours.
- Before serving remove from salty water, squeeze out excess of water. Arrange chrysanthemum like radish in a serving dish, garnish with slices of lemon peel and dried chilies.
- Makes beautiful side dish.