Thyme Tea Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 teaspoon or 2 large sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cup [237 mL] filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener, if desired [sugar, honey, agave nectar, etc.]
How to make Thyme Tea
The essential oil of common thyme [Thymus vulgaris] is made up of 20-54% thymol, an antiseptic [check the list of main active ingredients on a bottle of Listerine]. This herbal infusion has been used for centuries to effectively treat cough, bronchitis, upset stomach, and inflammation of the throat...plus it tastes good.
- Bring the filtered water to a boil
- Pour boiling water over the fresh thyme and steep for 10 minutes.
- Sweeten if desired and enjoy.