My Favourite Egg Salad Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsServes two for lunch:
- 4 large eggs
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favourite mayo
- 3 slices wafer thin ham
- 2 small spring onions
- 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic puree
- Black pepper
- Celery salt*
- Drizzle of olive oil
How to make My Favourite Egg Salad
- Put the mayo into a large bowl and blend with a generous glug of olive oil. Add a sprinkle of celery salt, freshly ground black pepper and the garlic puree. Mix gently until smooth.
- Finely chop the ham and slice the spring onion thinly. Add to the mayo mixture and coat.
- Place the eggs in a small pan of cold water so they're almost covered totally with water. Bring to the boil, then cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove one egg ahead of time, after about 5 minutes, so that the yolk is still soft and a little gooey. Peel under running water. Chop it finely, and add to the mayonnaise mixture. Mix gently so that the yolk blends with the dressing but the egg whites are not too broken up.
- Remove the rest of the eggs, peel under running water and chop roughly. Add to the bowl.
- At this point, if the salad looks too dry, add a little more mayo and oil. Taste and check if it needs anymore salt or pepper!
*Use normal salt if you like, I just find that celery salt compliments egg dishes really nicely. :)