Buttered Beets and Peas with Onions Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cans sliced beets, 15 ounces, drained
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, defrosted
- 2 boxes frozen baby peas, 10 ounces each
How to make Buttered Beets and Peas with Onions
Makes 6 servings
Time: less than 10 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
1. In a medium skillet over moderate heat melt 2 tablespoons butter, add parsley and sliced beets. Warm through, season with salt and serve.
2. In a second skillet, also over moderate heat, melt remaining butter, add onions and warm through.
3. Add peas and cook 5 minutes. Season with salt and transfer to a serving dish.
4. If your stovetop is too crowded when you find time to deal with the sides, feel free to use your microwave for either of these dishes, loosely covering beets or peas.
5. Microwave on high, but check them every couple of minutes -- you're just warming them through and melting the butter