Dungeness Crab, Bacon, and Cream Cheese Puffs Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
2 puff pastry sheets (thawed)
4 oz of cream cheese (1/2 cup softened to room temperature)
1/4 lb fresh crab meat - I used dungeness crab (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup diced scallion
1 egg yolk
3 slices of applewood smoked bacon
How to make Dungeness Crab, Bacon, and Cream Cheese Puffs
1) Thaw your frozen puff pastry dough by following the directions on the box.
2) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and cook your bacon. The key to a nice thick slice of bacon is cooking it on low heat. Take the bacon out of the pan once it begins to brown slightly on the edges.
3) Add the scallion and egg yolk to the cream cheese and crab mixture and stir it all up. Once everything is combined, set the mixture aside while you work with the puff pastry dough.
4) Once the puff pastry is thawed, just lay it out on a lightly floured surface and begin cutting the dough using a medium size cookie cutter.
5) Once you've cut out all of the pastry dough circles, and you should have enough for 9 or 10 little bites, simply place about 1-2 tbsp of the crab, cream cheese and ricotta mixture on one of the rounds. Place a second puff pastry on top of the mixture and press down lightly.
6) Place the assembled puffs on a lightly greased cookie sheet and place in the oven on the middle rack.
7) Bake the puffs for 15-17 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool slightly, serve and enjoy.