Meat Loaf Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This is my take on the home style classic.* 2 Lbs Ground Turkey * 1 cup cooked rice * 1 cup dry oatmeal * 1 cup breadcrumbs * 3 or more eggs * 1 can tomato sauce * 2 cloves of garlic (chopped) * half of a medium onion (finely chopped) * a handful of cilantro and basil (chopped) * A splash of olive oil * salt and pepper * ketchup
How to make Meat Loaf
- Soft boil one or more of the eggs, peel and set aside.
- Sautee the garlic, and onion in a little olive oil until slightly brown.
- Add tomato sauce and herbs and stir until blended. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- In a large mixing bowl mix turkey, rice, oatmeal, bread crumbs, 2 eggs, tomato sauce and extra salt an pepper if desired. The resulting mixture should be relatively firm, but quite moist. If too dry, add more liquid (e.g. ketchup). If too wet, add more bread crumbs.
- Add a thin layer of meat to the bottom of a baking pan. Place soft boiled egg(s) and cover with remaining meat.
- Top will a little more ketchup and bake at 350° for about an hour.
- When meatloaf is done, you can serve it straight up, on a sandwich, or even as a pizza topping.