Fig and Walnut Energy Bars Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- cooking spray
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped stemmed dried figs
- 1/2 cup non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
How to make Fig and Walnut Energy Bars
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Place the oats, cereal, flour, walnuts, figs, dry milk, cinnamon and ginger in a food processor; coarsely chop.
3. Add the honey and eggs; pulse until well combined.
4. Transfer the mixture to the pan; spread evenly with your fingers. Bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 20 minutes.
5. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then cut into 16 bars.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months.
Photograph by Kana Okada
Per bar: Calories 149; Fat 6 g (Saturated 1 g); Cholesterol 27 mg; Sodium 31 mg; Carbohydrate 22 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 5 g