New Orleans Shrimp Pizza Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 (6.5-ounce) package pizza dough mix (recommended: Betty Crocker)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup chunky tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped green pepper, thawed (recommended: PictSweet)
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed (recommended: Ore-Ida)
- 1/2 pound pre-peeled medium shrimp
How to make New Orleans Shrimp Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl combine pizza crust, Cajun seasoning, and hot water until well moistened. Beat 20 times to form a dough.
3. Let sit while you make the sauce.
4. In small mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce, hot sauce, and garlic; set aside. Press dough into a 12-inch circle on a baking sheet with floured fingers. Spread sauce onto dough evenly, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with cheese, peppers, onions, and shrimp.
5. Bake in preheated oven 12 to 17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
6. Slice and serve.
Makes 4 servings, Difficulty: Easy