Falafel Goodness Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, about a handful
- Canola oil, for frying
How to make Falafel Goodness
1. Combine all falafel ingredients except oil in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse mixture until coarsely ground.
2. Transfer to a bowl or container and refrigerate, covered, for several hours.
3. Form the falafel mixture into balls about the size of walnuts and press to flatten.
4. Heat 4 inches of oil to 375 degrees F in a deep pot or deep fryer. Fry about 6 balls at once for about 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Drain on paper towels.
6. Stuff each pita with 4 falafel balls, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, and tahini.
Makes 4 servings, Difficulty: Easy