Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup red wine/Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt, black pepper, granulated garlic to taste
- 25 fresh whole basil leaves
- 25 baguette croutons
How to make Panzanella
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the whole basil leaves and croutons. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, place one basil leaf atop each crouton and top with one heaping tablespoon of Panzanella.
- Note: To make the croutons, slice the french bread/baguette into 1-inch-thick pieces. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350F until toasted.