Asparagus with Orange-Saffron Sauce Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed and stems peeled
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 threads saffron
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
How to make Asparagus with Orange-Saffron Sauce
1. Cook asparagus in 1/2-inch lightly salted boiling water in large skillet for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and cool the asparagus in an ice-water bath. When cooled, drain and place on serving dish. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Bring chicken broth to boiling in a small saucepan. Turn off the heat; add the saffron and tarragon.
4. Cover and let stand for 4 minutes.
5. Pour into a medium-size bowl to cool. Add orange zest, orange juice, salt and mayonnaise.
6. Whisk together and refrigerate the sauce, covered, for 2 hours. The sauce can be made a day ahead.
7. To serve, pour the sauce over the asparagus.
Makes 8 servings, Difficulty: Easy