Crispy Fish Kebab Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
All Rights Reserved
- Canned Mackerel fish - 1 can (1 lb/450 gms)
- Potato - 1 lrg, boiled and mashed
- Carrot - 1 med, boiled and mashed
- Green beans - 1 cup, steamed and mashed
- Onion - 1 med, chopped
- Garlic cloves - 2 , crushed
- Cilantro - 1 cup, chopped
- Egg - 1
- Breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Chili powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1.5 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
How to make Crispy Fish Kebab
- 1. In a non-stick pot, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add the garlic and the onions. Saute for 2-3 min till the onions are translucent.
- 2. Add the canned fish, salt, all the dry spices and 1/2 cup of water. Simmer on med heat, till all the water has evaporated and fish is dried out of moisture. Make sure to stir constantly to avoid any burns at the bottom of the pot. Once the fish is processed, turn the heat off and let it cool down.
- 3. In a bowl, mash in the potatoes, beans and the carrots with a fork for a coarse texture. Make sure there is not too big a lump.
- 4. Mix in the fish, cilantro, egg and bread
crumbs with the mashed up veggies. Form into disks, roughly about 1/2
cm thick and 2 inches in diameter. The recipe yields about 12-14 kebabs.
- 5. In a non-stick pan, heat enough oil for deep frying. On med-high heat, fry the fish kebabs, till crispy and dark brown, about 2-3 min on each-side. Serve hot as it is with some dipping sauce. It can also be served with pita bread or even rice.