BlacK SesamE PastE DesserT Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Black Sesame Paste Dessert
200g black sesame seeds
150g rock sugar
2 tbsp corn flour
50gm lotus seeds
50gm gingko nuts
How to make BlacK SesamE PastE DesserT
- Combine dried lotus seeds and gingko nuts in a small pot. Sprinkle a little sugar over them and boil for 20 minutes, set aside.
- Wash black sesame seeds and drip dry before dry roasting them in a wok till fragrant.
- Put sesame seeds in a blender and add water (1500ml) before blending to achieve a paste consistency.
- Pour the paste into a pot and add rock sugar before cooking.
- Bring to a simmer and stir well.
- Meanwhile, mix the corn flour with a little water to get cornstarch which will thicken the black sesame paste.
- Once the rock sugar disolved, add in the cornstarch, keep stirring for another 3mins
- Trahhh done, dish out the dessert, top up with boiled lotus seeds and gingko nuts just before serving
- Serve hot / warm especially in winter