Pseudo Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
IngredientsIf you prefer the creaminess of cheese but not the taste of cheese then this is the recipe for you! If you also want a healthier alternative to cheese sauces, this might just work, too. I said healthier, not the healthiest!
- Cream of mushroom
- Chicken (any parts) --can substitute with tofu, or any other protein
- 1 bell pepper
- Add other other vegetables you like
- Pasta (I used spaghetti)
- Fresh basil
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
- White wine (any kind)
- Pinch of sea salt (could substitute with table salt)
- 2-3 tsp of minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
How to make Pseudo Chicken Alfredo
- Wash your vegetables and slice and or dice them up
- Cook the pasta for about 7-8 minutes or until al dente
- Heat up the cream of mushroom, stir occasionally
- In a separate pan, pour the oil into the pan and add the minced garlic
- Add wine and chicken
- Cook until brown (you can add flour to the chicken before you add it to the oil so it'll be more brown)
- Add a pinch or two or sea salt for flavor
- Chicken should cook quickly, don't let it overcook.
- Once it turns slightly golden brown, turn off the heat.
- Set aside.
- Add your chicken then your vegetables
- Stir accordingly
- Add shredded leaves of fresh basil into sauce
- Add Italian seasoning, stir
- Should not take sauce to more than 7 minutes to cook (just watch to make sure the vegetables aren't soggy)
- Turn off heat
- Pasta goes first
- Add sauce
- Stir if you like
- Garnish with more basil