Corn & Kale, Indian-Style Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 10 stems' cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
How to make Corn & Kale, Indian-Style
- Sautee onions in olive oil over medium-high heat until they are almost transparent.
- Add salt.
- Stir in corn.
- Add butter.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until corn kernels start to brown (about 15% of kernels browned).
- Add tomatoes, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lime juice, cilantro leaves, garam masala, and black pepper. Stir very well, as the garam masala tends to stick.
- Add kale, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. If needed, add a little water before covering to "steam" the kale. Stir occasionally.