Chocolate Strawberry cupcakes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 225 g water, boiled
- 125 g slightly salted butter, softened
- 200 g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 ml cream, whipped
- 1/4 tsp strawberry flavor
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 3 fresh strawberries, crushed/grinded
- 2 fresh strawberries, sliced to serve
How to make Chocolate Strawberry cupcakes
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with cake cases
- Mix cocoa power with water, set aside
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one
- Add cocoa mix and mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder. mix well
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases
- Bake in the oven at 180c until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Whip cream until firm, add icing sugar and strawberry flavor, keep whipping until getting the right texture
- Add strawberries and whip more.
- Spoon frost onto the cakes.
- Leave to set before decorating with sliced strawberries.
Please note that I have not yet perfected the frost, the texture is too runny.