Egg noodles with shrimp, meatballs + hoi-sin sauce Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
- 'bo vien' Vietnamese meatballs*
- 1 pack egg noodles
- 1/4-1/2 can hoi sin sauce*/**
- 1 stalk spring onions
- a handful of shrimp, cleaned
- sesame oil
- ground pepperoncino
- salt, pepper to taste
**I don't like my food to be swimming in hoi-sin sauce so I usually use about 1/4-1/2 of a can, depending on how many people I am cooking for.
How to make Egg noodles with shrimp, meatballs + hoi-sin sauce
- Add around 1 cm of water into a wok and heat the wok over high heat. When the water starts to boil, add the shrimp and cook the shrimp until pink. Drain, set aside.
- Boil the frozen Vietnamese meatballs as instructed on the packaging. When done, chop into halves or quarters. Set aside.
- Boil the noodles, following package instructions. When draining the noodles, let it remain in the sieve/strainer and add some sesame oil on the hot noodles, stirring with chopsticks.
- Heat a wok, add sesame oil then toss the meatballs and shrimp into the wok.
- Add the hoi sin sauce and just heat up the meatballs and shrimp in the oil and sauce mixture so it's evenly coated.
- Add the noodles and spring onions into the wok and stir-fry quickly for 1-2 minutes over high heat. Add the ground pepperoncino and salt, pepper to taste.
- Switch off heat and serve.