Chicken Surprise Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 pouch (250g) Italian style spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) leftover chicken meat (baked/roasted/grilled/fried), cubed
- 1 medium red apple, cored and cubed
- 1/4 iodized fine salt (or 3/4 tsp. iodized rock salt)
How to make Chicken Surprise
1. Heat pan and add bacon. Cook until almost crisp. Drain on paper towels. Cut into strips.
2. Using the same pan, saute onion until tender. Add bouillon, 2/3 cup water, Italian style spaghetti sauce, chili powder and potato. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except apple. Season with 1/4 iodized fine salt (or 3/4 tsp. iodized rock salt). Cook for 5 minutes. Blend in apple.