Lemon Chicken Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License
Ingredients½ kg skinless chicken breast fillets
1 tbs light soy sauce
1 tbs Rice Wine
1 tbs grated ginger
1 finely chopped spring onion
1 clove of garlic, minced
100 grams sweet potato flour
or cornflour if unavailable
6 tbs. lemon juice
6 tbs. sugar
1 ½ tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. sesame oil
9 tbs. chicken stock/ water
How to make Lemon Chicken
It's important to note that most Lemon Chicken recipes require that the chicken and sauce be stir-fried together. To keep with the chicken's crispiness after deep frying, the recipe is modified to keep the sauce on the side. :) The sauce is also thin and watery in comparison to restaurant kinds
- Cut the chicken into slices and place in a bowl. Add the rice wine, ginger, garlic and spring onion and toss lightly. Place in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour, or you can leave it overnight.
- Add egg into the mixture and then toss lightly in order to coat. Then drain all the excess egg and proceed to coat the chicken pieces with the sweet potato flour.
- Fill a wok one quarter full of oil and heat. With a disposable wooden chopstick, test to see if the oil is at a suitable temperature for cooking by dipping a wooden disposable chopstick into the frying vat. If oil bubbles are observed around the immersed portion of the chopstick, proceed to add half the chicken, a piece at a time.
- Stir the pieces of chicken consistently for around 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the chicken pieces with a wire sieve or a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil. Repeat the procedure with the remaining pieces of chicken. Plate the fried pieces when removed of excess oil
- To make the sauce, mix together the lemon juice, salt, sugar, stock, sesame oil. Divide the sauce into separate dipping saucers according to the number of diners. Serve along side the chicken fillets.