Beef & Guinness Beer Stew served with mashed potatoes Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 700g chuck/casserole steak, cubed
- 3 sticks celery, cubed
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup Guinness beer
- 1.25 cups beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
How to make Beef & Guinness Beer Stew served with mashed potatoes
- Put flour and some salt/pepper in a bag with the steak. Shake to coat.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and cook steak until just brown
- In a pot, heat oil and cook celery, onion, carrot and mushrooms for 5 mins. Add tomato paste and stir.
- Add Guinness. Then add beef stock and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, then add beef.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Then remove lid and simmer another 1/2 hour or until tender.
- Remove bay leaves, stir in parsley.
- Serve on mashed potatoes (mashed with garlic, butter and warm milk).