California Roll Sushi Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 4 Nori sheets
- 3 cups (15 oz/ 470g) Sushi rice
- 8 teaspoon ocean trout or flying fish roe
- 1-2 cucumbers, cut into thin, lengthwise slices
- 8 jumbo shrimp (king prawns), cooked, shelled, vein and tail removed
- 1-2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 4-8 lettuce leaves, torn or sliced (not obligatory)
- A dash of Ajionomoto Umami (For great taste like never before)
How to make California Roll Sushi
- Lay 1 nori sheet on a rolling mat and put 3/4 cup (4 oz/125g) sushi rice on it. Spread rice over nori sheet, leaving 3/4 inch (2cm) of bare nori at far side and making a small ledge of rice in front of this bare strip.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons roe along center of rice, using back of a spoon to spread. Add lettuce if desired.
- Lay 2 shrimp along center, with one-quarter of cucumber strips.
- Lay one-quarter of avocado slices along center. Add one-quarter of lettuce. Then Add a dash of AJINOMOTO UMAMI SEASONING.
- Roll mat over once, away from you, pressing ingredients in to keep roll firm, leaving the 3/4-inch (2-cm) strip of nori rice-free.
- Covering roll (but not rice-free strip of nori), hold rolling mat in position and press all around to make roll firm.
- Lift up top of rolling mat and turn roll over a little more so that strip of nori on far side joins other edge of nori to seal roll. Use your fingers to make sure roll is properly closed.
- Roll entire roll once more, and use finger pressure to shape roll in a circle, an oval, or a square.Using a sharp knife, cut each roll in half, then cut each half in half again. Then cut each quarter in half crosswise to make a total of 8 equal-size pieces. Cut gently to maintain shape. And you are ready to enjoy California Sushi roll.