Strassberger (Butter) Cookies Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 340 gr or .75# – Eicher butter, unsalted and at room temp
- 230 gr or 1/2# – confectioners/icing/powered sugar
- 3 – eggs, whole and organic
- 1 – egg yolks, organic
- 1 ea – vanilla pods, seeds scraped
- 560 gr or 1.25# – cake flour, sifted
How to make Strassberger (Butter) Cookies
- Oven to 190 c or 375 f.
- Beat butter and sugar together on a stand mixed with a paddle attachment until light and fluffy, around 5 minutes.
- Slowly add in the eggs and yolks until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, followed by the flour, in small amounts until all is incorporated.
- Pipe onto a silpat with a #6 star tip or you favorite decorating tip.
- Bake 12 minutes, or until done.
- Remember to not let these little guys brown too much, but some slight coloration is OK.
- Remove from the oven, cool and dust with the confectioners/icing/powered sugar before serving.