Chicken Cordon Bleu with Fresh Goat Cheese Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1-11 ounce or 2-4 oz. log Fresh Goat Cheese, such as Chavrieshopping list
- 4 - 6 oz. Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ea. Slices Serrano Ham
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 ea. Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 2 Cup Panko or Bread crumbs
- 2 Cup Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
How to make Chicken Cordon Bleu with Fresh Goat Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken breast flat on a cutting board, using a sharp knife, about 1/3 of the way down the thick side, cut a deep pocket horizontally into the center of the meat about 3/4 of the way down, being careful not to cut through to the other side. Repeat with the remaining breasts. Wash hands well.
- Season each pocket with salt and pepper
- Place a slice of ham in each pocket
- Cut the Fresh Goat Cheese Log in quarters. Wrap each cheese slice with ham. Place each wrapped quarter into each pocket that was made in the chicken breasts.
- Wrap each stuffed chicken breast and place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes
- Set up a standard breading procedure using 3 shallow containers. Put flour in the first one, eggs and milk in the second, and Panko or bread crumbs in the third one.
- Beat the eggs and water together.
- Dredge each of the stuffed Chicken Breasts first in flour, then egg wash and then in the Panko or bread crumbs.
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Split each chicken breast in half and serve