Easter Bread with Fresh Goat Cheese Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 1 -4 oz. goat cheese log, Chavrie Fresh Goat Cheeseshopping list
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pkg. dry yeast
- 4 oz. bread flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb. bread flour
- 1 oz. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12 oz. butter ( softened)
- 1 egg for egg wash
How to make Easter Bread with Fresh Goat Cheese
- In sauce pan, heat milk to scald and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the first 4 oz. of bread flour and yeast and let rise until doubled in volume.
- Using the paddle attachment in mixing bowl, begin adding eggs gradually while mixing on slow speed.
- Add remaining dry ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Begin adding butter on slow speed until all butter has been added and incorporated well.
- Divide the dough into five equal pieces and place in a round cake pan.
- Cut the goat cheese into 5 pieces and place a piece in the center of each separate section of bread dough.
- Let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Brush with egg wash and bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour, until golden brown.