Char Siu Chicken Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy
- 1 tbsp dark soy
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
How to make Char Siu Chicken
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and honey. This is your marinade.
- Marinate the chicken for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degress.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil for easy cleanup.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the marinade.
- Return chicken to oven, and lower temperature to 350.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it so it does not burn. Total cooking time depends on the size of the meat.
- Remove the chicken and baste it with the honey.
- Turn the broiler on, and brown the chicken under it for about 4 minutes, turning once or twice.