Cranberry Orange Walnut Loaf Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
Ingredients2 cups flour, sifted
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 tablespoon orange zest
3/4 cup orange juice
Juice of 1 orange
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cranberries, chopped
3/4 cup walnuts, toasted*
Lemon Cream Cheese Icing
1/2 cup cream cheese frosting
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup milk
How to make Cranberry Orange Walnut Loaf
1. Spray or butter the bottom of a loaf pan.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter or knife, add butter until incorporated.
3. Add zest, orange juices and egg until moistened. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
4. Scrape batter into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes.
5. Once bread has cooled, combine cream cheese, milk and lemon juice. Drizzle on top.