Scallops with honey, soy & sesame Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 8 large scallops, coral on
- 6 radishes, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, cut in half and then sliced through
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, cut as finely as possible
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed
- a little watercress, tough stalks removed
- Non-flavoured cooking oil (e.g. Sunflower) for frying
For the dressing:
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1tbsp water
How to make Scallops with honey, soy & sesame
- Prepare the dressing by shaking the ingredients together well.
- Season the scallops well with salt and pepper.
- Bring some oil in a large frying pan to a medium heat and add the garlic, chilli, ginger and spring onions. Cook for a minute or two, stirring lots and ensuring that the ingredients don't brown or burn.
- Remove ingredients from pan and reserve.
- Add a little more oil if necessary and turn the heat up a little.
- When the oil is hot, add the scallops and cook for about a minute a side.
- Layer up watercress and radish, making a tower for each scallop, and place a little of the spring onion mixture between each one.
- Drizzle over the dressing and eat immediately.