Sea Bass with Prawns, Ginger & Spring Onions Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 2-4 Sea Bass Fillets
- about a large thumb-size piece of ginger, finely sliced
- 2-3 spring onions, cut into four sections then finely sliced down the lengths
- about 150ml sake
- 6 raw king prawns
How to make Sea Bass with Prawns, Ginger & Spring Onions
I served this with coconut rice - delicious - and this recipe couldn't be easier.
The portions here really depend on the size of the fish - for small sea bass, you probably want two fillets per person. For larger ones, one each will be fine.
You can just about get away with steaming two per foil parcel.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Season the fish generously on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Make 1 foil parcel per person - First scatter some ginger & spring onions on the base of the foil.
- Place the fillet (or both fillets, side by side) on top.
- Scatter a little more ginger and spring onions on top of the fish.
- Place the raw prawns on top.
- Pull up the sides of the foil parcel so sake can be poured in without spilling.
- Pour in about 75ml sake into the parcel, then seal all around by scrunching in the foil.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until the prawns are visibly pink and cooked.
- Serve immediately.