Bachelor's Alfredo Recipe
Copy & Paste into your blog!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
- 200ml cream
- 150g pasta of your choice
- pork product of your choice for two (weiners used in this recipe)
- 1/2 head of broccoli
- fist full of mushrooms
- ground pepper
- garlic to taste
- olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp dashi (powdered fish stock)
- crushed red peppers for hotness
How to make Bachelor's Alfredo
This recipe is quick and easy - i.e. great bachelor food. And there's enough here for lunch left-overs, or to entertain a guest with as well.
- Cut and boil the broccoli for 2 - 3 minutes, until cooked
- Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water.
- Cut the pork product in to thin slices about an inch long.
- Begin to cook the pork in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil, crushed peppers, and garlic, browning on both sides
- Cut the mushrooms and cook them with the bacon
- When the pork and mushrooms are cooked, add the broccoli, pour the cream on top and reduce the heat to low
- Add salt and dashi to taste
- Continue to stir until the pasta is done cooking
- Add and stir the egg yolk into the cream. The cream should begin to thicken.
- Toss the pasta in a bit of olive oil and serve in bowls, spooning the cream sauce on top.
- Garnish with a few turns of your pepper cracker and relish in your single life!